Aftercare - Human Hair Wig
Day to day wig care
Day to day instructions on aftercare for your human hair wig
For the best results and the prolonged life of your purchase, we recommend:
- Place your wig in to a bowl containing luke warm water. Apply shampoo evenly and gently agitate the hair to a lather. One shampoo is usually enough.
- Rinse using tepid water until all traces of shampoo are removed. Never rinse under high pressure water spray or tap.
- Hand squeeze away excess water and apply conditioner, suitable for bleached and tinted hair, evenly throughout. Work the conditioner into the hair and carefully comb through.
- Rinse out the conditioner using a spray of tepid water.
- Blot the excess water using a towel and position the wig onto a suitable sized poly block. Take great care at this stage to avoid running the teeth of a comb or brush through the knotted roots or foundation as the knots will have absorbed water, expanded and become looser (this condition will revert when the hair becomes dry).
All Human Hair wigs supplied by Flair wig can be set using conventional curlers and hood dryers. Heated rollers will offer a quick but temporary curl. You can also use hair straighteners if you would like a straighter look. We do recommend that you use hair products to protect the hair when you apply heat, we suggest our range which we have found works the best.
Should your wig need re-coloring we recommend that you always seek professional advice.
Skin Tops and Partings
- Always comb or brush hair in these sections with the greatest of care especially if the hair is tangled.
- Longer hair should always be brushed from ends first and when smoothed out, the brush taken fully through the hair.